Blog of Martin and Lucy Ryan

Thursday, October 16, 2008

Porec Day

I was woken early by foreigners calling all sorts out to each other on the stairs.  Bah. 
We headed into the town centre again after breakfast courtesy of Martin's early morning walk to the supermarket. 
Porec is a lovely town with cobbled streets and upmarket stores all mingled in with t-shirt and souvenir shops.  Mike purchased a lovely new watch, very professional and styly.  We also bought a small piece of art from a local artist--so he claimed.  Not much else to report really.  A bit of a lazy day.  I had an absolutely yummy salad whilst the boys drank beer.  Then I bought some sunnies from an elderly lady who was so lovely.  She taught me 'hello' and 'thank you' in Croatian and applauded my pronunciation.  I could've bought her whole store!

We returned to the hotel and drank more beer.  We optimistically put our togs on and headed to the water's edge.  It was pretty.  But we chickened out.  The wind was a bit chilly and the water was icy cold!  I was very disappointed but felt like I was still thawing out from canyonning or something. 

We went for dinner across the road in a smokey restaurant (what's new).  It was okay, the food, but very salty.  Too much.  After we'd eaten, at about the same time as the rest of the customers, everyone at every table (seriously) lit up a cigarette.   I couldn't handle the smoke any longer so we passed on dessert and went home.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home